It’s my birthday today. I’m 19 years of age now. Yay, I suppose. I’m still recovering from a concussion, so that takes some of the fun out of it. However, in honor of the day of my birth, I’ll share with you guys some of my hopes and dreams. Here’s my top ten list:
1. First and foremost, I want to become a successful author. I would love it if thousands of people would read and love what I write. I’d like to shoot for New York Times Bestseller, because that seems to be what every successful author sticks on the front of their books to prove that they are in fact successful. But mainly, I just want writing to be how I support myself. It’s my favorite thing to do, so I may as well make it my job.
2. Next, I would really like to never, ever get another concussion. Like I said in my last post, they’re no fun. I’m a clumsy person, so I’m not sure about this one…
3. Related to writing again, I would like to simply get better at writing. I’m never going to become successful if my writing sucks. Not that I’m saying it does, but I’m certainly no Steven King. I’ll probably need to improve a lot. I say “probably,” because we do hear of amazingly bad writers who attain massive popularity by some miracle. *Cough50shadesofgraycoughcough*
4. This is probably fairly stereotypical for this kind of list, but I’d like to be rich someday. It’s not even to be able to afford some kind of mansion or other fancy things. Mainly, I just don’t want money to have to be an issue. I want to give my future kids a comfortable life, at least until I kick them out so that they learn to fend for themselves.
5. Speaking of kids, I want a few. Maybe three. I don’t really know. I’m also planning on homeschooling them, but that would depend on if I can, financially. I would really rather avoid sticking my kids in public school.
6. I suppose if I’m speaking of kids, I should probably also be speaking of husbands. I’d like one of those, too, I suppose. It’s funny actually, because I’ve never had a boyfriend before, but now I’m looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with. I guess now is just the age to do that.
7. I’d love to get better at socializing with people. I’m such an introverted hermit right now. I want to be the kind of person that is at least kind of decent at hanging out. I really don’t understand the concept (but that’s another blog post). If I ever do become a famous author, I’m going to need to be able to talk to new people without feeling terribly awkward. Or maybe not. The internet is a thing after all.
8. I’m in school right now, so I figure I should mention that I want to have a college degree at some point (preferably in around 3 or so years). I don’t think I told you guys, but I recently changed my major to Digital Media with a concentration in Transmedia Writing. That’s just a really fancy way of saying “writing for TV and movies.”
9. I want to spend time out of the country. I’ve never been outside of the U.S. before (unless the trip my parents took to Niagara Falls while my mom was pregnant with me counts). I speak German, so I would like to visit Germany at some point. I’d also like to go on an out of country mission trip.
10. This one is a little odd and ultimately more than likely unattainable, but here we go anyway: I want to own Disney. Yeah, you heard right. I wish to own the Mouse itself. I used to like Disney channel when I was a kid, and I still like Disney movie’s sometimes, but I think most people can agree that the quality has really gone downhill recently. I want to make Disney a thing that is family-friendly and teaches wholesome lessons again. That, and Disney owns Marvel, so there’s that.
Oi. I didn’t realize how much soul searching I was going to have to do to complete this list. I was really starting to run out of ideas around the 7th entry. But I hope you enjoyed it.
Tell me, are there any hopes or dreams you feel like sharing? Let me know in the comments.